CONTACT: Robert J. Harvey; RHarvey@JenksHarveyLaw.com
Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: (561) 303-2918
15TH CIRCUIT JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION NOTICE OF ACCEPTING JUDICIAL APPLICATIONS
The Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Committee (“JNC”) announces one vacancy for a Circuit Court Judge position created by the resignation of Judge Jessica Ticktin. The JNC has been asked to provide Governor Ron DeSantis with nominees for the Circuit Court vacancy.
Qualifications of Applicants:
Applicants must be able to fulfill the Constitutional qualifications before assuming the office of Circuit Court Judge, which require the person to be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar for the preceding five years, a resident of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit and a registered voter in the State of Florida.
Instructions for Submission:
- The current Judicial Application form must be used and can be found at https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/. Applicants should ensure they are using the correct and current form.
- The completed original application must be typed, bound and two-sided. The application must include a photograph.
- In addition to the original application, applicants must provide the following: (i) one original electronic copy of the application, including all attachments, in pdf format, (ii) one redacted electronic copy of the application, including all attachments, in pdf format, excluding all exempt information under Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes or other applicable public records law. The application along with any exhibits, must be a single file.
- Applications: The deadline for submission of the completed application is 2 p.m., April 30, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Both the original and redacted electronic applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com. The completed original typed and bound application must be delivered to Robert J. Harvey, Jenks & Harvey LLP, 1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., 16th Floor, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Please ensure the Application is complete, including all required responses (including references, case style and contact information regarding recent cases, and class standing and degree information regarding education), and all required attachments (writing sample, financial disclosure, photograph). Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Interviews: The JNC anticipates conducting interviews on May 22, 2020. Applicants should check with the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s website at www.palmbeachbar.org for information as to date and time of any interview. In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic it may not be possible to conduct in person interviews. Interviews may be conducted via ZOOM. The information to attend via ZOOM will be provided for both the applicants and the public at a later date. If you expect any issues attending via ZOOM, please contact Mr. Harvey directly.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the JNC will publish on the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s website at www.palmbeachbar.org the date, time and location or method of any interviews that the JNC chooses to conduct. Any interviews will be done in person or via ZOOM.
All JNC proceedings are open to the public, except for deliberations. Applications are not confidential. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
A list of members of the Fifteenth Circuit JNC is available at https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/. Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.
If you have any questions, please call Mr. Harvey at (561) 303-2918, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the AO, please click here.
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA
EX PARTE Probate Docket Suspended Until Further Notice
The ex parte docket is suspended until further notice. If you are in possession of original documents (Wills –including Notarial Wills, Codicils, Death Certificates, Authenticate/Exemplified Copies of Court Documents as required by law, Commissions, etc.). These documents must be mailed/overnight to the physical address of the courthouse where the matter is pending:
- Main Courthouse: PBC Clerk & Comptroller’s Office, 205 North Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 Attn: Probate Department
- South County: PBC Clerk & Comptroller’s Office, 200 West Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444 Attn: Probate Department
- North County: PBC Clerk & Comptroller’s Office, 3188 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 Attn: Probate Department
- Include self-addressed stamped envelopes if certified copies are required, payment is to be included with instructions.
- Complete the appropriate Checklist in OLS for the motion/petition.
- Proposed Orders are to be uploaded to the OLS system and not sent to the clerk’s office.
- If you receive a status order or deficiency memorandum, the deficiency must be cured prior to resubmitting the order.
To view the updated Administrative Order, please click here.
With coronavirus COVID-19 dominating the world news, please know that my focus is on your safety and the safety of my employees. We plan for emergencies such as this, balancing safety with continuing to provide services to our community.
Many of the services we provide in our offices are also available online. Visit www.mypalmbeachclerk.com to learn how you can:
- Pay a traffic ticket online or by phone;
- Electronically record mortgages, deeds and other official records;
- File court documents electronically;
- Pay child support electronically; and,
- Postpone your jury service.
As this situation continues to evolve, my leadership team and I are working diligently with our Palm Beach County government and justice partners on our response to coronavirus. Should coronavirus require any changes to our daily operations, we will share news on our website at www.mypalmbeachclerk.com, through our Facebook and Twitter channels, and by email alert.
Stay safe! We are here, working hard to ensure you continue to receive the exceptional service you have come to expect.
Sharon R. Bock
Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County
To view the amended AO, please click here.