- Diversity and Branding – Have a Plan. Build a Brand
February 7, 2023 | 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. | Bar Office (In-Person)
- Academy kick-off session. A brief overview of the purpose of the program, introductions, and general qualifications to become a judge. The session will also focus on outreach, networking, and the importance of having a bench that reflects the community served.
- Confirmed Speakers: Manuel Farach, Gary Lesser, Victoria Mesa-Estrada, Michelle Suskauer, Lawonda Warren
- Elements of an Effective and Successful JNC Application
February 21, 2023 | 6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. | Live via Zoom
- Overview of the JNC process and discussion on the nuts and bolts of the JNC application.
- Confirmed Speakers: Robert Harvey, Gordon Dieterle, Judge Lauren Godden-Burke, Judge Melanie Surber
- Getting Ready to Run a Judicial Campaign
February 28, 2023 | 6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. | Live via Zoom
- Helpful tips and pointers on how to adequately prepare for a JNC interview, interview with the Governor’s office, candidate forums, and interviews to secure endorsements.
- Confirmed Speakers: Judge Caryn Siperstein, Kim LeBove, Rick Asnani, Richard Giorgio, Francine Nelson, Judge Maxine Cheesman, Judge Sarah Willis, Judge Samantha Schosberg-Feuer, Judge Caryn Siperstein, Judge George Odom, Jr.
4. Interviewing 101
March 7, 2023 | 6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. | Live via Zoom
- Discussion on the key elements to run for the judiciary, including advertising and finances, and how to put together your team.
- Confirmed Speakers: Judge April Bristow, Mariano Garcia, Davicka Thompson, Greg Schwinghammer
5. Behind the Black Robe: The Realities of Being a Judge
March 14, 2023 | 6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. | Live via Zoom
- A candid discussion of what it really means to be a member of the judiciary and all the duties and responsibilities that come with the position.
- Confirmed Speakers: Sia Baker-Barnes, Judge John Parnofiello, Judge Laura Burkhart, Judge Cymonie Rowe, and Judge Luis Delgado, Jr.